The Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation is preserving and expanding the heritage of Frank Lloyd Wright and projecting his legacy by conserving Taliesin and Taliesin West through restoration and preservation, educating new generations of innovative thinkers to address the critical issues of sustainability and healthy living environments, and creating opportunities for experimentation and design innovation.
Members of The Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation Board of Advisors serve as ambassadors for the Foundation—endorsing, guiding, and supporting our initiatives to protect and perpetuate the timeless and relevant legacy of Frank Lloyd Wright.
Members of Board of Advisors
- Jane Alexander, former chair, National Endowment for the Arts, New York
- Paul Bogart, president, M.I. Management, California
- Wendell Burnette, principal, Wendell Burnette Architects, Arizona
- Beverlynn Elliott, community leader and volunteer, Pennsylvania
Steven Elliott, senior vice chairman,
The Bank of New York Mellon, Pennsylvania
Tom Fontana, president, Fatima Productions;
executive producer, Homicide: Life on the Street, Oz, St. Elsewhere, New York
- Rob Forbes, Jr., founder, Design Within Reach, California
Terry Haller, civic leader; founder & vice president,
Exel Inns of America, Wisconsin
George James, Office of Building Technologies,
US Department of Energy, Washington, D.C.
- Virginia James, philanthropist, New Jersey
- Lance Josal, executive vice president, RTKL Associates, Illinois
Carla Lind, author of The Wright Style: The Interiors of Frank Lloyd Wright;
Lost Wright: Frank Lloyd Wright’s Vanished Masterpieces;
and numerous other books on Frank Lloyd Wright, Wisconsin
Velma Morrison, philanthropist and founder, Morrison Center
for the Performing Arts at Boise State University; president,
Harry W. Morrison Foundation, Idaho
- Jan Novie, president, Aaron G. Green Associates, California
Joel Silver, producer, Matrix series, Lethal Weapon series,
Fred Claus, California
Joan Smith, philanthropist; secretary & treasurer,
T. Eugene Smith, Inc., Virginia
- Sharon Stark, president, Stark/Livingston, Inc., Wisconsin
- Mae Sue Talley, businesswoman & public diplomat, Arizona
Robert Voticky, DipIng., D.Arch, RIBA,
Rome Scholar and Executive i/c Lewis & Hickey International Business Development,
Prague, Czech Republic & London, UK.
Howard J. Weiner, M.D., president, Medical Staff, Presbyterian Hospital
of Dallas, Texas
- Eric Lloyd Wright, principal, Eric Lloyd Wright Architecture & Planning; founder, Wright Way Organic Resource Center, California
- Tim Wright, documentary filmmaker; founder of Blinktank, Massachusetts
Tokyo, Japan, 1913-22
As guests arrived for the hotel's grand opening, a 7.9 earthquake struck, reducing 70% of Tokyo to rubble. Wright's design had "floating foundations" to protect it from Tokyo's earthquakes and the hotel was barely damaged. Its kitchens served thousands of the area's homeless for weeks.